When purchasing a new garage door, price is often one of the most important factors in your decision making process. After all, you don’t want to commit to a garage door that is outside your budget. So how do you know how much a garage door is going to cost?
There are a few factors that determine and influence the price of garage doors. These factors depend on the following:
- The type of garage door you would like
In the residential market of garage doors, there are 3 main types of doors available:
Each type of garage door comes with different tracks and space requirements, and therefore will have different costs involved.
- The space required for your door
It’s important to keep in mind different door types require different clearances. Roller doors require the most headroom out of all garage doors, while a tilt door takes up the least amount of head room. If your garage doesn’t have the required clearance, it may need to be modified, with extra costs to be incurred.
- The size of the garage door
Your garage door can come in various sizes. Standard sizes for garage doors are:
- Single size: 2100mm high x 2400mm wide
- Double size: 2100mm high x 4800mm wide
You can also customise the size of your garage door, which is a great option if you own a larger vehicle or require extra storage space.
The general rule is the bigger the garage door, the more the cost will increase. It’s important to keep this in mind when budgeting for a garage door.
- Opting for a motorised or automated door
There are many advantages to choosing to have a motorised or automated garage door. These include:
- Ease of use: you’ll never have to worry about getting out of the car to get into the garage. Simply press a button and you’ll be able to easily drive into your garage and lock the door behind you.
- Security: you can have peace of mind knowing only people who have access to the remote will be able to gain entry into your garage.
- Available for any style: you can automate any style of garage door. No matter what you’ve got, or what you’re planning to install, it can be motorised to make your life easier.
Opting for a motorised or automated door, rather than a manual garage door, will increase the cost of the garage door.
Each type of garage door comes with options for different sheeting designs and looks. At Doors Direct we boast an established history of successfully installing a diverse range of residential garage doors in the greater Brisbane area. No matter what type of garage door you want, Doors Direct can help you achieve it. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver quality and reliability all within competitive price ranges.
If you’d like a customised free quote from one of our friendly team members, please don’t hesitate to contact them on 07 3161 5963 or fill in the enquiry form located to the right.