Trying to decide on what type of garage door to install? Want something that will stand out and make a good impression? Why not consider a sectional / panel lift garage door?
What is a sectional / panel lift garage door?
Sectional overhead doors consist of a series of horizontal panels hinged together to form solid garage doors. Sectional overhead doors are designed to operate in a track system that allows the doors to open vertically, through a curve, and follow the tracking across the ceiling. Sectional overhead doors come in a variety of styles and a wide range of colours in Colorbond, powder-coated, and timber look versions.
No matter what type of house you have, you can achieve the look you want with a sectional or panel lift garage door. You can customise the look of your garage exactly as you want it. Contact Doors Direct to find out how. You may also find these doors referred to as Panelift Garage Doors, this is a specific product name of a well-known manufacturer, B&D. They are one of the suppliers we use.
We would love to help you through the process.
What size is a sectional / panel lift garage door?
Sectional overhead doors are all made to measure and are manufactured to suit openings up to 3 metres high and 6.4 metres wide.
How long does a new installation take?
The average install for a residential sectional / panel lift garage door takes 3-4 hours.
What are the advantages of a sectional / panel lift garage door?
There are many advantages to installing a sectional / panel lift garage door. These include:
- A wide range of colour choices: panel lift / sectional garage doors are a popular choice due to the wide range of design and colour options. A sectional garage door is versatile allowing them to suit a range of house styles from a Queenslander to a modern home and everything in between. No matter what your house looks like, you can enhance its aesthetic appeal with a new garage door. You will find garage doors that please the eye and seamlessly blend into the decor of your house. If you are looking for something that stands out, one of our custom aluminium garage doors could be the answer.
- Able to be motorised: a sectional door can even be motorised for your convenience or operated by hand with the use of a lock and key. Coming home and parking in the garage has never been easier.
- Durable: When you’re browsing new garage doors for purchase, you want to have peace of mind and know what you choose will last for many years. A panel lift or a sectional garage door are both extremely durable, as each section is designed with its own connection to the track. You won’t have to worry about your garage door suddenly breaking.
- Uses minimal space: a panel lift or a sectional door are made to utilise headroom in the garage, meaning it takes up minimal space within the garage and your driveway.
- Easy to open during a power outage: Read our full guide with a video tutorial on how to open a Sectional/panel lift door during a power outage.
Want to get some inspiration before committing to a sectional / panel lift door? If you can’t find what you are after, contact us today. No matter what garage door design you want, Doors Direct can help you achieve it.