Cars have become such an important part in our everyday life. Therefore it makes sense that a garage or carport can play such an important role too. After all, you want your house to look aesthetically pleasing. The whole look and design of your house can be thrown off if you choose the wrong garage. It won’t just impact the look and style, but a garage can impact how much space you have within your garage, as some take up more space than others. So before you start searching for a garage door for your house, make sure you understand what different types of garage doors are available.
Types of garage doors
There are numerous types of garage doors you can choose to install on your property. While they all do the same job, they have different looks, functions and size requirements. Therefore it is important to have a grasp of all the different types of garage doors before you choose one for your house.
Types of garage doors include:
- Roller doors: as the name implies, a roller door rolls directly into the garage opening. Our roller doors are made from Blue Scope Australian made steel, and come in a range of Colorbond colours.
- Roller doors take up the most head room of any type of garage door, so if you’re limited for space availability, perhaps consider choosing another type of garage door.
- Tilt doors: if you have limited space in your garage, the tilt door is your best option. This door opens overhead, taking up no space in the roof of the garage. It can be made in a large range of materials, including Colorbond steel, aluminium battons, timber cladding, and much more. Doors Direct can even install a custom aluminium tilt garage door.
- Panel lift/sectional doors: your house can make a good first impression once you install a panel lift/sectional garage door. They come in a large range of materials and colour choices. Whatever design you’re wanting for your house and garage – you can do it with Doors Direct.
- Timber look doors: timber is a popular material, so it makes sense that some people want a timber look garage door. Timber look means you won’t have to worry about the maintenance and upkeep you would have if you installed a real timber door. Timber look doors can be made into sectional/panel lift doors or tilt garage doors.
We even do doors for carports. You can have peace of mind knowing your belongings are safe and sound within your carport thanks to your brand new garage door.
Commercial and industrial, and Carpark Roller Shutters
Garage doors aren’t just a factor to make a house look nice. They are also widely used in commercial and industrial businesses. The most common type of garage door you will find on commercial and industrial sites are roller doors. These doors are extremely durable, and have been designed with heavy use in mind. The doors are installed to the highest safest standard. You can be rest assured employees will be completely safe when working with a roller door.
Repairs and services
Unfortunately, sometimes garage doors become damaged and need repairs and services. If a garage door does become damaged, whether from an accident or just general wear and tear, it’s important to ensure it is repaired. You don’t want to risk the safety of your family or employees from a damaged garage door.
The damage that can occur to garage doors include:
- Being run into by a vehicle
- Broken springs and frayed cables
- Broken or damaged tracks, brackets, locks, cables, hinges, bearings, rollers
- Incorrect spring tension causing a dropping door
- Noisy doors and motors
- Stuck or jammed doors
- To avoid ending up with a broken or damaged garage door, it is suggested you regularly service your garage door. This will help you to avoid any problems which may occur in the future because of general wear and tear.
Fortunately, Doors Direct is able to help with all of your repair and service needs. We have experience with all types of garage door brands. No matter what has happened to your garage door, we will be able to offer a solution.
Motors and remotes
To add an extra element of convenience to your garage door, why not consider installing a motor? This means you won’t have to worry about getting out of your car to get into your garage. You can simply use your remote to open your garage, all from the convenience of your car.
Doors Direct offer an extensive range of Merlin remotes for industrial, roller, sectional and tilt doors.
Interested in getting a garage door in your property? Contact one of Doors Direct’s staff today, and we can help you find the perfect garage door for you.